Effective Date: August 15, 2016
See Jane Go does not offer ride hail service transportation. See Jane Go works only to supply the Platform for riders (“Guests”) and drivers (“Hosts”) to connect. As a Guest you will have a direct business relationship with each Host you meet through the Platform and, if you become a Host, you will have a direct business relationship with each Guest you choose to provide a ride.
- Information collection practices
This section of the Policy, Information Collection Practices, outlines the various ways that we gather information about you.
- Information that You Provide. We collect and store information that you enter through the Platform or give to us in any other way. This section, Information that You Provide, provides examples of the information that you provide to us. You can choose not to provide certain information to us, but then you might not be able to access or use all features and functionality of the Platform.
- Account Registration and Login. You may visit and browse the Website without registering or submitting personal information about yourself. However, to use the App, you will be required to register for an account (“Account”) by entering information. When you register for an Account, you will be asked to confirm that you are at least 18 years old and provide some personal information. For example, if you are creating an Account, we may require you to provide your name, e-mail, gender, phone number, address and credit card information. If you sign up to use “driver mode” you will need to provide additional personal information, including social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, vehicle information (e.g., registration, model and type) and automobile insurance information and driving records.If you choose to register for an Account using your credentials from a Third-Party Account, you will be asked for your Third-Party Account user name, password, and other information to allow us to verify that you have an account with the third-party site or service. We may use your Third-Party Account credentials to obtain information about you from the third-party site or service, as further described in Section 1.3, Information that is Collected from Other Sources. When you register for an Account and log in to a Platform you must provide your current, complete, and accurate information. It is your responsibility to keep your information up to date. We are not responsible for any problems, interruptions in access, or liability that may arise if you do not give us complete and accurate information or if you fail to update your information so that it is current. You may edit your Account information by logging into your account through the website portal or mobile app and changing your information through the settings menu.
- Profile Creation. After you register for an Account, in order to use the Platform you will need to create a user profile (a “Profile”) by providing personal information, including uploading a photo, Full Name, Mobile Phone number, and active credit card, and, if you use the App in “driver mode” you will need to provide the following additional information: Vehicle VIN Number, Vehicle Year, Make, Model, Color, number of doors, License Plate, State of Registration, Driver’s License number and expiration date, Number of Years Driving, Social Security Number, Home Address, Date of Birth, Vehicle Insurance information including expiration date, Bank Account Routing and Account number, and confirmation of meeting minimum driver requirements. You will also be required to upload images of your Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration, Vehicle Insurance Card and a profile picture. You may edit your profile by logging into your account through the website portal or mobile app and changing your information through the settings menu.
- Correspondence; Contact and Support Feature. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails, texts, or letters; provide us information by phone; or if other users or third parties send us information about your use of the Platform (e.g., a review of you as a Host or Guest), we may save the information in a profile specific to you. Additionally, we collect and store the personal information you provide when you contact us through the platform, including your first name, last name, email address and your message.
- Your Use of the Platform. We collect and store the information that you and other users provide when you and they use and interact with the Platform. For example, we collect and store your responses to surveys and questionnaires; your posts to discussion boards; the geographical and other information you provide when using the Platform and giving and receiving a rides; the information you provide when interacting with customer service; the billing, payment, and other information you provide when using the Platform; and ratings you give a Host or Guest.
- Information that is Automatically Collected. We collect and store information about you and any computer or device you use to access or use the Platform automatically using a variety of technologies. This section, Information that is Automatically Collected, provides examples of information that we collect about you automatically. We collect this information for the purposes described in this Policy, including to better understand our customer base and to improve the quality of the Platform.
- Device Information. We collect and store device-specific information, including your mobile number, your operating system version, and browser version. We may associate your device-specific information with you and your Account.
- Log Information. When you use or interact with the Platform, we and our service providers automatically collect certain information in our server logs. Generally, this information does not directly identify you, and may include your internet protocol address, browser type, and pages viewed.
- Location Information. If you give us permission through the App, we may collect location information (including geolocation and GPS location) about you through the App or your device. Once you have given us permission to collect location information, we may continue collecting that information in the foreground and the background without asking permission again. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device settings, for example, by disabling “Location Services” for the App in your device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, the App or certain features of the App may be inaccessible or not function properly. In addition, even if you block the transmission of location information, if you are a Host we may collect your location by collecting the location information of a Guest in your vehicle or, if you are a Guest, we may collect your location by collecting the location information of a Host that is giving you a ride. Our third-party analytics provider may also collect location information about you, as described in Section 3.4(b)
- Information that is Collected from Other Sources. We may collect and store information about you from other sources. This section, Information that is Collected from Other Sources, provides examples of information that we collect from other sources. For example, when you register for an Account or log in to the Platform using your credentials from a Third-Party Account, we may use your Third-Party Account credentials to collect information about you from the applicable third party (“Third-Party Service”). For example, if you register for an Account using your Facebook account credentials, we may use your credentials to obtain your Facebook profile information, friend list, email address, birthday, “likes,” and other Facebook account information.
1.4. Information that is Collected by Third Parties. The Platform may link or allow you to access or sign up for services provided by third parties (“Third Party Sites and Services”). The collection, use, and disclosure of information by Third Party Sites and Services are subject to the privacy policies of the third-party operator, which we do not control.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
This section of the Policy, How We Use Information, outlines the various ways that we use the information that we collect about you.
- General. We may use your personal information (including tracking information) to manage your Account. We may also use it to operate, maintain, and improve the Platform and any successor or future versions of the Platform (including to provide you a more personalized experience) and Third Party Services that are utilized by the Platform; allow you to log in more conveniently; understand where requests originate; conduct security and statistical analysis; communicate with you; produce traffic volume statistics; maintain a record of customer service requests; provide you information about products and services (including products and services of third parties); sell and deliver advertising; market; conduct research; resolve disputes; collect fees owed; detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; assist law enforcement; enforce this Policy and any other terms related to the Platform; and any other purpose described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
- Provision of Platform. We use your personal information to provide the Platform to you. For example, we may use your personal information to process a payment; provide customer service; and respond to your requests for information.
- Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails, text messages, and other communications related to your Account or the Platform, or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional in nature. We may also send you texts, marketing emails, surveys, or mailings to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing communication sent via email or reply “stop” to any marketing communications sent via text. If you opt-out, you will be limited in your ability to receive service-related emails.
- Non-identifying and Aggregated Information. We may use non-identifying information for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Platform administration, tracking users’ movements around the Platform, and to improve our business and the Platform and we may sell it to third parties including for commercial purposes.
- Retaining Your Information. In general, we will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed; however, we are not obligated to retain your information and may delete it at any time. If you cancel your Account or your Account is otherwise terminated, we may, but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from you and third parties and we may continue to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy.
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
This section of the Policy, How We Share Information, describes how we share the information that we collect about you with other parties.
- Generally. We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose information about you to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents and service providers. We may also share non-identifying information with third parties for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Platform administration, tracking users’ movements around the Platform, and to improve our business, products, services, and the Platform and we may sell the anonymous data to third parties for commercial purposes. Use of information by affiliated entities and organizations will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy. For information on use of information by agents and service providers, see Section 3, Sharing with Third Parties.
3.2 Sharing on the Platform. The Platform allows users to connect and communicate with others. Other users of the Platform can view your Profile information, including your user name, and Profile image. Also, if you are a Guest and you request a ride, we will provide to the Host, your location, destination address, user name, star rating, and profile image. If you are a Host and a specific Guest requests that you pick up, we will provide the Guest, your location, destination address, user name, star rating, and profile image. When connecting a Guest and Host for a ride we will provide the ability for you to connect via text message or phone call. Your telephone number will be masked so that the other party is unable to connect after the completion of the ride.
- Sharing with Third Parties. We may share information about you with third parties to help us operate and improve the Platform, and to provide and promote our products and services as well as third-party products and services. Additionally, we may be required to disclose information about you to comply with law, or in connection with a business transition. This section, Sharing with Third Parties, provides examples of how we share your information with third parties.
- Platform Providers. We use third parties to help us operate and improve the Platform (e.g., hosting providers, e-commerce service providers and analytics service providers). We may provide these third parties information we collect and they may collect information from you and about your use of the Platform. We may provide information we collect to third parties and it will, unless specifically noted otherwise in this Policy, be governed by this Policy and may only be used by those third parties to help us operate or improve our business or the Platform (including by improving the products and services that third parties provide to us); to provide services to us; and to comply with legal requirements and assist law enforcement. We do not control information collected by third parties and are not responsible for their use of that information. Please review their privacy policies for more information on their information collection, use, and sharing practices.
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we or our service providers may disclose your personal information as required by law; to enforce this Policy or any other agreement between you and See Jane Go; if we or our service providers believe that disclosure is needed to protect the Platform, any Host or Guest, or our rights; prevent or stop fraud or any other activity that, in our sole discretion, may cause harm to person or property or be illegal, unethical, or legally actionable; to government regulators; to law enforcement authorities; in connection with any complaint, dispute, claim, conflict, judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Platform; and to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
- Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger or joint venture with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or a part of the Platform or our business or assets or the business or assets of our affiliates, we may disclose your personal information, including to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Platform. No storage or transmission of data can be 100% secure.
- ONLINE TRACKING
- You may adjust certain aspects of how the profile associated with your Account appears to other users of the Platform by editing your preferences within the “Settings” area of certain
- INFORMATION SECURITY MEASURES
Keeping secure personal information that we collect is of great concern to us. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no storage or transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. When you provide information to the Platform, you do so at your own risk.
The Platform is intended for users over the age of 18 and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at by using the contact information in the Privacy Questions section at the bottom of this Policy, and we will take steps to remove the information and terminate the child’s Account.
- CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request you may contact us by using the contact information in the Privacy Questions section at the bottom of this Policy.
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to update your personal information associated with your Account, you may make such changes in the “My Profile” or “Settings” portions of the Platform. If you would like to disable your Account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want your information accessed or stored as described in this Policy, you should not access, use, or register an Account with the Platform.
- MODIFICATION OF THIS POLICY
We will occasionally update this Policy. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “Effective Date” at the top of this Policy. We recommend that you check the Platform from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy or any of our other policies. By continuing to access or use the Platform after a change to this Policy becomes effective, you agree to the revised Policy.
- PRIVACY QUESTIONS
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please email us at: email@example.com.