Background Check Policy
- Background Checks. As required by the California Public Utilities Commission (“CPUC”), all Hosts are subject to background checks through a nationwide criminal search that will be conducted consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Your eligibility to use the SJG Platform is subject to your satisfactory completion of a background check. Under applicable CPUC rules, any Host who has been convicted of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, fraud, sexual offenses, use of a motor vehicle to commit a felony, crime involving property damage and/or theft, acts of violence, or acts of terror will not be eligible to use the SJG Platform as a Host.
- Driver Record Searches. As required by the CPUC, all Hosts are subject to a Department of Motor Vehicles (“DMV”) Record Check including driver record checks provided through the Employer Pull Notice Program. A clean DMV record will be obtained before an individual may use the SJG Platform as a Host. See Jane Go will review DMV records for Hosts quarterly thereafter. Consistent with CPUC rules, a Host will be disqualified if a review of the Host’s DMV records discloses certain violations including but not limited to:
- License suspension or revocation;
- Convictions for reckless driving;
- Convictions for driving while under the influence (a “DUI”);
- More than two (2) at-fault accidents on record;
- More than two (2) points on record;
- Less than one (1) year of driving record; or
- Current status of Failure to appear for a court hearing.